- Salary USD $2.8K tax free + BENEFITS + EXPAT package (see below)
- Fine dining French restaurant background
- Sous-Vide cooking experience is a plus
- Michelin starred experience a PLUS
- prime location at Emirates Towers in Dubai w/ rooftop lounge
Before you Apply BE SURE to read the Job Description below!
Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Chef Stephane Chavet and Executive Sous-Chef within the policies and procedures established by Client, the duties of the Sous-Chef is to control the day to day Kitchen operations and to manage and help Chef de parties and Commis in their duties and career development.
- Report directly to Executive Sous-chef & Executive Chef
• Ensure all products are rotated on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
• Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
• Maintain and exhibit a solid knowledge and understanding of all food products and
Skillfully apply various cooking techniques
• Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
• Regularly restock all kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
• Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
• Apply advanced knife skills and techniques required for service.
• Maintain an exceptional menu knowledge and attention to detail with quality standard and presentation.
• Maintain supervisory role in the absence of the Executive-Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
• Ensure food quality is superior, efficiently communicate and take action to correct any irregularities.
• Ensure kitchen equipment is properly maintained and functioning.
• Conduct daily inventory to ensure proper par levels.
• Work as a team, assisting all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
• Effectively communicate with management and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and other employees.
• Assist Executives by controlling food and labor cost and establishing goals and objectives that focus on profit, product and people.
• Assist Executives by controlling of purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists and inventory of all kitchen items.
• Able to read, measure, and execute recipes as per standard
• Perform other job related duties as requested.
• Versatile and able to skillfully and knowledgably work and assist each kitchen stations.
• Able to conduct hand on training, supervise and assist Chef de Partie, Demi-Chef de Partie and Commis as needed to ensure superior execution of preparation and service.
• Able to assist with production list update to ensure efficient execution of service.
• Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
• Must have excellent people skills and ability to supervise, lead, mentor, coach, evaluate, develops, inspire people; sets expectations, recognizes achievements, manage conflict, aligns performance goals, provides feedback, delegates.
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all positions in the company.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English.
• At least 2 years Sous-chef experience in Fine dining food concept with med volume fast pace
• Previous experience in a deluxe 5 star property or free standing top rated restaurant
(Final details provided in writing contract)
· Salary US$2800 month
· Shared accommodation
· Health benefits for employee and respective dependents
· Paid vacation per year as per DIFC
· Annual economy airline ticket to home country
· Visa Resident Work Permit
Annual Base Salary AED 125, 000
Health Insurance (Immediate Family) Provided by BASE LLC
Work Permit (DIFC) & Visas Provided by BASE LLC
Travel Annual airline ticket to country of origin
Housing Allowance of AE 3800/month
Bonus Performance Based
Start Date January 15th , 2013
End Date January 15th , 2015
Probation Period FIRST THREE MONTHS FROM RESTAURANT OPENING
Severance Pay AS PER UAE (DIFC) LABOR LAW
Resignation Notice AS PER UAE (DIFC) LABOR LAW
Non-Competition Clause in UAE DURING THE TERM OF THE EMPLOYEE AGREEMENT
Vacation Days AS PER UAE (DIFC) LABOR LAW
Sick Days AS PER UAE (DIFC) LABOR LAW
end of French fine dining Sous Chef job Dubai, UAE, Middle East.