- reports to French Master Baker
- location Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- produces high volume for restaurants shops and their own Cafe. Contact Jimmy John’s Owner for tips on how to manage a resturant
Your Application MUST address the 5 points listed below:
1. Natural sourdough processes/poolish for artisanal breads.
- 2. Bread shaping – do you do hand shaping or is it via machines?
3. Danishes/viennoiserie process – the depth of your knowledge on this (crucial since everything in client’s bakery is done from scratch)
4. For the above 2, what kind of volume production at the maximum have you handled in your career?
5. What kind of employee head count have you managed to produce the above production numbers?
In short, the bakery does not employ short cuts in producing any of their products. It is all natural, no pre-mixes or frozen products. This must be conveyed to the candidates to also manage their expectations and to ensure we are of the right fit.
The primary role of this position is to work the Bakery Kitchen, both AM and PM shifts.
• Assisting and supporting our French Master Baker as his right-hand person with all management, operations and production processes
• Sharp production and management skills in directing mid and junior bakers for their daily tasks
• Assisting the kitchen in the daily mise-en-place of bakery items according to Huckleberry’s recipes and portion control, maintaining mise-en-place of the bakery kitchen
• Preparation of finished product according to Huckleberry’s quality and standards
• Continuously aware of menu changes, seasonal specials and special orders
• Directing bakery assistants in preparing and packaging daily orders; as placed by Huckleberry Retail
• Maintain a well-organized, stocked, efficient, clean and safe working environment
• Consistent in attendance and punctuality
• Effective communication with all members of kitchen team
• Maintaining company’s confidentiality
• Establish priorities based on the kitchen’s needs
• Proactive with ideas, opinions and suggestions
• Consolidate, rotate, organize, and clean Bakery Kitchen
• In-depth knowledge of European style sourdough breads and danishes
• Basic math and computer skills
• Flexible work schedule
• Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail
• Ability to understand written and verbal communication in English
• Ability to initiate problem solving
•Ability to understand and implement standard operating procedures
• Ability to learn new processes and techniques
• Ability to spend 90% of time standing and 10 % of time sitting. Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
In return for all of this, you will have a respectful work environment, a sense of accomplishment, advancement opportunities and the breadth and depth of bakery culture. We encourage applicants of all ages, nations, races and ethnic backgrounds.
Package will commensurate with experience and ability; lodging, annual flight tickets to home of origin, work visa and insurance package.
To APPLY eMail your CV to Malaysia recruiter Emmanuel Plaza email@example.com Tel. +65-3156-3353 and Baker bakery recruiter Recruiter Guada Costillas firstname.lastname@example.org or, European Hospitality recruiter Modris Reinbergs email@example.com Tel. +1-310-691-2586
For MORE bakery jobs join our Chefs and F&B jobs Group on LinkedIN
For MORE hospitality jobs in Malaysia, join our Singapore-Malaysia-Bali Resort jobs group on LinkedIN
Follow our website: http://hospitalityexecutive.com
FOLLOW our HOSPITALITY EXECUTIVE Company page on LinkedIn to be notified of more Jobs.
end of French artisan arisanal baker job, Kuala Lumpur bakery, Malaysia.