Salary will vary based on the experience but most likely RMB30K-RMB40K with Housing allowance, Medical insurance, Visa fees will be covered by the company.
- Ensue is a FREESTANDING restaurant renting space from the Shangri-La hotel. Prefer candidates from freestanding Restaurants and Bars
- It doesn’t matter where the candidate comes from but based in Asia would be preferable. The candidate must be Caucasian and Chinese language skills are not required.
- Single status job. VISA provided
- hiring immediately. Processing time 3 months
- we don’t compromise on quality and want to create a dynamic and unique bar program that gets international exposure and recognition. Someone with a clear vision who can give a true identity to Alcove Bar. Someone who understands Chinese market but also our culture which consists of blending some local ingredients in our cocktails just like we do with Ensue (Farm to table concept using almost exclusively produce from Guangdong province). Also someone who has personal connections with Asia top 50 bars so we can host some collaborations.
- Exposure or experience in Asia’s 50 best bars would be a good asset.
- the Ensue restaurant is owned by a 3 Michelin starred Chef from Napa Valley, California >Here is their China website: www.ensue-sz.com
Department: Bar; Job Title: Director of Beverage
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Director of the Bar’s working at 3 Michelin starred Chef restaurant in Shenzhen primary purpose is to manage the bar program and operations. Plan, direct and oversee all bar operations including staff management, ensure product and service standards are met and implement and maintain procedures for maximum operating efficiency.
The bar program will be focused on elevated cocktails, as well as an extensive selection of spirits,wines and Champagne. Mirroring the food and service, our bar team’s approach is old world in its conviviality and depth of knowledge. The result is a classic style of bartending focused on creating and procuring the best and showcasing those products with focus and restraint.
Under the direction of the Operations Director, oversees and direct bar operation and administration.
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and
taking ownership of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participates in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet
projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF & E requirements
• Provides a monthly forecast of food and beverage revenue
• To ensure table reservations are taken properly in order to maximize the bar turnover
• Strictly adhere to the established operating budget and ensure that all costs are controlled.
• Planning and organizing of festive and seasonal food and beverage promotions within the outlet
• Assist identify training needs and plan training programs for the associates
• Conducts training for the associates
• Assist in conducting associates’ yearly performance appraisals
• Assists in the building of an efficient team of associates by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
• Oversee the Implementation of standards as detailed in the departmental standards and procedures manual
1 / 2
• Adhere to opening and closing procedures
• Conduct effective shift briefings ensuring all staff are aware of VIPs, special occasions,daily specials; emphasis on up selling certain products
• Personally engages with guests to build relationships and increase repeat guests
• Develop a beverage program by creating new drinks monthly
• Costing, recipe cards and pictures are to be submitted to Operations Director before implementing
• Creating monthly promotions that will drive traffic and revenue to the outlet.
• Ensures that Basic standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service wanted by higher management
• Assigns responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
• Takes a hand on approach in the operation of his/her outlet.
• Attends weekly Meetings.
• Conducts monthly inventory checks on all equipment and supplies
• Handles all guest complaints, requests and inquires on food, beverage and service.
• Submits to Food & Beverage Office the following:
– Daily Log Book
– Monthly Outlet Report
– Monthly Training Plan
• Ensures that all associates provide courteous and professional service at all times
• Shares recommendations and guest comments to Chef to reflect current customer profile
• Anticipates market changes and review operations when necessary
• Conducts competitor analysis
• Creates positive publicity opportunities
Here is their YouTube video from their home at the Meadowland’s Forbes 5 star hotel in Napa, California:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VeQV5wIuDU[/youtube]
To APPLY email your credentials and contact information to China Michelin restaurant Beverage recruiter Modris Reinbergs firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile +1-310-691-2586
Follow our website: http://hospitalityexecutive.com
To be notified when we post a new job Follow our Company page on LinkedIN.
Click HERE to join our LinkedIn group for people working at Michelin starred restaurants
Click HERE to join our LinkedIn group for Hospitality jobs in China
Click HERE to join our LinkedIn group for Hospitality jobs in Asia
End of Beverage Director job at Ensue restaurant in Shangri-La hotel in Shenzen, CHINA.