Executive Pastry Chef job – Abu Dhabi Luxury hotel opening; European preferred
- preferably European Executive Pastry Chef
- this is an Executive Pastry Chef Expat job in Abu Dhabi, UAE, Middle East
- Candidates from top luxury hotels or fine dining restaurants
- Base Net compensation Abu Dhabi Dirhams 14,000 per month About USD 4,000
- Full expat benefits – details below
- Single or Married status
- Be sure to read the job description and BENEFITS below before you apply
To APPLY for this Chef position eMail your CV and any plated food images to
FOR MORE CHEF JOB OPPORTUNITIES JOIN OUR LINKED IN GROUPS: Click on the links below
Reports To: Executive Chef
Position Title: Executive pastry Chef Position Location: Abu Dhabi
Strengths and Experience of Individual Requested:
- Experience at least ten years in traditional pastry work and worked within creative modern fine dining pastry cuisine in 5 stars international restaurant & hotels for the last 5 or 6 years,
- Experience with well known international chefs & Michelin star restaurant will be an advantage,
- Experience and have good knowledge in bakery product
- Experience and have good knowledge in chocolate product
- Experience and have good knowledge in presenting and execution the product with artistic touch and attractive design
- Coordinates the preparation, portioning and garnishment of all baked goods, desserts, and confections
- He or she should be familiar with molecular approach and cuisine style
- Extremely high quality standard oriented chef to be able to satisfy local and as well international traveler guests with high expectation with new exiting food to try.
- Enjoy his/her work, has a pleasant personality and able to create an atmosphere of fun for all resort guests or communication with the guest whenever possible or the situation require.
- Pastry Chef will strive to go above and beyond guest expectation in order to have return guest
- To research and recommend high quality culinary staff in the market
- Pre-opening experience is an advantage
- Good attitude, proactive and reliable
- Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times
- Instils an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns, to guide and resolve conflicts.
- Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
- Computer skill essential (especially Word and Excel)
- Controls food and labor costs on a continual basis within approved budgetary controls.
- Understand to use food order purchasing system
- Team work and passionate chef
- Strong interpersonal and communication English skills required.
- Open minded and willing to take constructive criticism
- Always looking for improvements in all aspects of the operation
- You can develop and identify new products and equipment, to improve the production of the restaurant.
- You have the ability to develop and define quality standards of food preparation and presentation of the food
- To communicate and lease with others chefs and related departments heads
- Work very closely with the restaurant managers ( planning & strategy)
- To be able to schedule his staff according to business and to ensures smooth and efficient operations on a continual basis
- Knowledge of HACCP required and ensure high standard of hygiene and work methods are met
- Overall to be able to have good communicate with the Ex. Chef in order to anticipate issue for the success of the restaurant
Is this a New Position? Yes
If Yes, Why was this Position created? Pre-opening Hotel
What would you like this individual to focus or concentrate on?
- Relentless quality product oriented Executive Pastry chef while been in the cutting edge with regards to high-end modern pastry cuisine
- Be constantly updated with the latest pastry trends in all aspects of the pastry around the world
- Constantly search for specialty product and have connection
- Be aware of the competition and make suggestion to stay ached of the competition
- Consistency of the delivery of product will be the key and it is a must requirement
- To be able to be aware and anticipate product season around the world in order to plans menus accordingly
Other Pertinent Skills and Qualifications required:
- To be able to execute a pastry and bakery cuisine with excellent and refine culinary technical skill and presented in a traditional and modern
- The potential candidate occasionally will be require to do pastry training for outside guests
Salary: Dhs. 14,000 Bonus ? Yes X No
If Yes, Estimate Bonus: TBC
Benefits Offered: * Medical
Relocation Provided? X Yes No If Yes, Amount: 7 cubic metres
Accommodation/Housing Allowance Provided X Yes No
If Accommodation, X Live In Other: 1bedroom single status, 2 bedroom mini studio if married
If Housing Allowance, amount provided:
Relocation Provided? Yes No If Yes,
Employment Contract? X Yes No If Yes, Length of the Contract: Two years
Age Preferred:_ 30 to 45_ Nationalities Preferred: European
Marital Status Preferred: X Single X Married Family No Preference
Additional Executive Pastry Chef Abu Dhabi UAE Middle east Comments: Dhs. 700 transport allowance