- Salary USD $2.5-2.8K tax free + BENEFITS + EXPAT package (see below)
- strong Japanese fish preparation skills including sushi, robatayaki, tempura
- Japanese Restaurant experience a PLUS
- Fine dining restaurant background
- Michelin starred experience a PLUS
- prime location at Emirates Towers in Dubai w/ rooftop lounge
??Before you Apply BE SURE to read the Job Description below!
Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Chef Stephane Chavet and Executive Sous-Chef within the policies and procedures established by Client, the duties of the Sous-Chef is to control the day to day Kitchen operations and to manage and help Chef de parties and Commis in their duties and career development.
- Report directly to Executive Sous-chef & Executive Chef
• Ensure all products are rotated on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
• Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
• Maintain and exhibit a solid knowledge and understanding of all food products and
Skillfully apply various cooking techniques
• Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
• Regularly restock all kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
• Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
• Apply advanced knife skills and techniques required for service.
• Maintain an exceptional menu knowledge and attention to detail with quality standard and presentation.
• Maintain supervisory role in the absence of the Executive-Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
• Ensure food quality is superior, efficiently communicate and take action to correct any irregularities.
• Ensure kitchen equipment is properly maintained and functioning.
• Conduct daily inventory to ensure proper par levels.
• Work as a team, assisting all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
• Effectively communicate with management and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and other employees.
• Assist Executives by controlling food and labor cost and establishing goals and objectives that focus on profit, product and people.
• Assist Executives by controlling of purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists and inventory of all kitchen items.
• Able to read, measure, and execute recipes as per standard
• Strong Japanese Fish prep skills and knowledge
• Perform other job related duties as requested.
• Versatile and able to skillfully and knowledgably work and assist each kitchen stations.
• Able to conduct hand on training, supervise and assist Chef de Partie, Demi-Chef de Partie and Commis as needed to ensure superior execution of preparation and service.
• Able to assist with production list update to ensure efficient execution of service.
• Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
• Must have excellent people skills and ability to supervise, lead, mentor, coach, evaluate, develops, inspire people; sets expectations, recognizes achievements, manage conflict, aligns performance goals, provides feedback, delegates.
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all positions in the company.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English.
• At least 2 years Sous-chef experience in Fine dining food concept with med volume fast pace
• Previous experience in a deluxe 5 star property or free standing top rated restaurant
• Japanese restaurant experience with extensive fish knowledge.
(Final details provided in writing contract)
· Salary range US$ 2600-$2800 month
· Shared accommodation
· Health benefits for employee and respective dependents
· Paid vacation per year as per DIFC
· Annual economy airline ticket to home country
· Visa Resident Work Permit
end of Japanese Seafood Sous Chef job Dubai, UAE, Middle East.