Director of Housekeeping job Hong Kong airport hotel
COMPENSATION: HK$45K – HK$50K per month. In addition Expatriates receive free room & board in the Hotel; laundry allowance; 3-week annual leave; medical & hospitalization insurance; relocation and repatriation air-ticket and luggage allowance, more…
- you MUST have Director or Executive Housekeeper experience at large hotel; there are 1,200 rooms here
- you MUST list on your CV the number of rooms at EACH hotel property you have worked
- airport hotels work to tight deadlines; make sure your CV explains your experience in this regard
- airport hotels try to accommodate stranded passengers when there are airport delays; what skills do you have for this
- in summary, airport hotels present a volatile environment; show you can handle it
- airport hotel experience is a plus
Before applying be sure to read the job description below.
TO APPLY eMal CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
See a 3 min. YouTube video of the hotel
[youtube width=”510″ height=”413″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7HbjoFjIRw[/youtube]
TITLE: Director of Housekeeping job
REPORTS TO: Deputy General Manager / Hotel Manager
SUPERVISES: All Housekeeping Staff
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To manage all facts of the housekeeping department to ensuring high levels of guest service and satisfaction, including guest rooms, public areas, laundry department, uniform & linen, storage areas and work areas. To be responsible for overall financial performance including budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning of the departments. To be responsible for the long term vision and direction of both departments, including improvements projects.
Basic Duties: Daily basis
1. To respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
2. To attend daily briefing with immediate superior.
3. To attend daily Rooms Division meeting with Head of Front Office and Head of Engineering.
4. To direct all housekeeping activities.
5. To inspect guest rooms and public areas daily to ensure company standards are met.
6. To work closely with chief engineer on maintenance and repairs.
7. To schedule daily cleaning of guest rooms and public areas, keep up special project and assigns rooms to be deep cleaned.
8. To check all equipments for safety hazards.
9. To maintain and monitor “Lost and Found” procedures and policies according to Corporate Standards
10. To maintain good labour cost by accurate scheduling.
11. To be aware of all activities relating to housekeeping operation.
12. To monitor and ensure a safe working environment.
13. To keep close liaison with other departments for job requirements
14. To establish and maintain key control system
15. To prepare employee schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements
16. To be responsible for the cleaning program of guest rooms, corridors and public area.
17. To maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
18. To be responsible for AM/PM discrepancy reports. Submits required reports on a timely basis
19. To handle floral and plants arrangement.
20. To be responsible for the profit and loss statement of laundry and mini bar department.
21. To check inventory supplies on a regular schedule.
22. To hire all housekeeping personnel to achieve company standard as set forth by management.
23. To purchase supplies as needed and within budget.
24. To develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel, i.e. work safely, language course, customer service training etc.
25. To conduct monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis include inspect rejected linen, decides items to be discarded and keeps records for inventory.
26. To ensure compliance with all Corporate Risk Management
27. To purchase cleaning products and equipment, trains employees for proper usage, supervise dilution of products and complies with Health and Safety Standard.
28. To prepare annual budget.
29. To attend monthly Profit and Loss meeting.
30. To coordinate with contractors for window washing and pest control.
1. 10 years’ housekeeping management experience in a luxury hotel
2. At least 3 years’ as Assistant Department Head of Housekeeping
3. Must have experience in a 700+ room property where at least 1 manager was a direct report.
1. Diploma holder in Hospitality and Tourism Management
2. Degree holder in Hospitality and Tourism Management is preferred
1. Well-developed customer service, interpersonal and presentation skills
2. Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
3. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
4. Good organizational skill
5. Good analytical skill
6. Good problem solving skill
7. Good leadership skill
end of Director of Housekeepin Executive job Housekeeper job Hong Kong Airport hotel, Hong Kong SAR China, Asia