Hotel Chief Engineer job – Maldives Resort
- 300 Rooms and Villas at this location
- this is an Expat job with FULL Expat benefits
- TAX FREE salary, Fully furnished two bedroom apartment with utilities, internet connection and cable TV. Company mobile phone and laptop. Two R&R off island per year. Annual leave with return ticket. Business trip expenses on the company.
- Maldives Resort group with SIX resorts
- you must have hotel / resort Chief Engineer or Director of Facilities
- be sure you have read the Job description below before applying
- provide DETAILS of your experience with similar facilities and water desalinization plant
Salary range: USD $4000 – $4300 per month
Nationality: Preferably European
Read the Job Description below
To APPLY eMail your Resume or CV to Modris at the email address below
FOR MORE RESORT HOTEL DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES and CHIEF ENGINEER job OPPORTUNITIES JOIN OUR GROUPS below by clicking on the links:
and our Website: http://hospitalityexecutive.com
Position Title: Chief Engineer
Reports to: General Manager
Date Written/Revised: July 5, 2008
Approved by Supervisor: July 5, 2008
Supervises: Assistant Chief Engineer
Manage maintenance operations of entire Resort facility, including guest rooms, building structure, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems, power plant, reverse osmosis water plant, sewage treatment plant and related equipment in accordance with guest service, preventative maintenance and energy conservation standards and programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest and service areas to maintain them in proper working order and appearance. Coordinate all renovation, expansion, and special projects.
Develop, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance and energy conservation programs for guest rooms, public areas, back-of-house, mechanical equipment, building systems, etc. according to Corporate and Resort standards.
Ensure compliance with Corporate policies, international standards, local regulations, and other environmental considerations.
Develop and maintain Resort maintenance procedures, staffing, and training in order to achieve property maintenance and guest service objectives.
Prepare annual Resort capital budget, maintenance Department operating budget, utility budget, and 5-year capital plan. Manage Departmental operations and capital projects to achieve budgeted goals.
Support Corporate engineering in development of maintenance service contracts and supervise performance of contractors on property.
Directly supervise all property maintenance staff to ensure high quality preventive, corrective and guest demand maintenance services are provided to maintain the Resort property and ensure pleasant and trouble-free guest experiences.
Direct and monitor design and planning by Corporate Maintenance and Projects and supervise and coordinate implementation of on-property capital, construction, renovation, building system, equipment, and engineering related preventive maintenance activity and projects.
Lead Department by values which recognize mutual trust and human dignity, allow individuals to be their best, and assure that each will feel a part of the team that they give freely of their individual talents for our combined success, while at the same time improving productivity and minimizing operating costs.
GUEST AND INTERNAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION:
Assist in the delivery of signature hospitality based on the importance and uniqueness of place. Assure timely and complete delivery of agreed upon results.
Ensure a positive relationship with the property owner through competent management of capital and maintenance projects and high quality preventive maintenance programs.
CUSTOMER SERVICE DELIVERY:
Assures the delivery of quality, cost effective maintenance services to Resort guests and all operating and administrative Departments.
Manage maintenance and project work to minimize disruption and/or inconvenience to the staff and guests.
Promotes a long-term positive image based on honesty, trust and fairness within the industry, community and government.
FINANCIAL RESULTS AND GROWTH:
Assure achievement of the financial objectives for the Maintenance Department.
Completes capital projects within budget and time guidelines.
Assure cost control for Resort maintenance operating, utility, and capital budget.
EXAMPLES OF CHIEF ENGINEER JOB DUTIES:
Average Percent of Time
20 · Conducts walk-throughs and visually assesses the safe and efficient
maintenance and operation of the physical aspects of the Resort, including guest rooms, public spaces, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and any other related equipment.
25 · Oversees assignment and verify completion of all preventive and
corrective maintenance in guest rooms, public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds.
10 · Hires, trains, supervises and disciplines department staff and all other staff
under direction of Chief Engineer.
5 · Adheres to all Corporate required purchasing policies and controls, to
include all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules.
10 · Maintains effective energy management and preventive maintenance
programs and conducts special training for Resort operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the Resort.
10 · Informs the General Manager and Resoert Department Heads, on a regular
basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structures, guest areas, service areas, related systems and equipment offering prudent and cost effective proposals for maintaining same. Accesses information from a computer, reviews reports, and initiates appropriate action.
20 · Supervises and collaborates with Corporate Engineering and contractors
providing services and project work on Resort premises.
Actively participates as a member of the Department Head Committee.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the Resort from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Resort.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Resort facilities. Employees who violate Resort rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the Resort.
- Maintains appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal
day-to-day operating and maintenance requirements of the Resort.
- Maintains organized and efficient administrative and filing systems within the Maintenance Department for the timely and accurate handling of correspondence, reports, requisitions for purchase, and other administrative requirements of the Department.
- Maintains a well-defined and organized system within the shop for the inventory, maintenance, and storage of all tools, products, materials, and equipment necessary
to execute the required activities of the Department.
- Remains available to report to the Resort in the event of any Resort emergency, which necessitates the skills and expertise of the Chief Engineer. By example, such emergencies may include, but are not limited to, fires, power or other equipment failures, floods, lightning, earthquakes, or other disasters of similar nature and magnitude.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as coordination and supervision of special guest requests for room and/or meeting space modification, capital projects, construction of props for special Resort functions and employee relation events.
SPECIFIC CHIEF ENGINEER JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components, and devices, HVAC systems, boilers, mechanical systems, and the maintenance and repair of all.
- Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety.
- Skill in use of computers and software programs associated with Resort maintenance operations.
- Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals, and products relating to Resort maintenance operations.
- Excellent communicating skills in English, verbal and written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to remain informed on state-of-the art developments effecting the safe, and effective operation of the building facilities.
- Ability to analyze all associated systems as to their design, intent, and effective performance.
- Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees, offering assistance in areas where they lack knowledge, skills and experience. Able to rephrase, or “translate” fairly technical information into terms in which a lay person may easily understand.
Engineering Degree (BS), or any other combination of education, training, or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
Chief Engineer job Experience:
Five years experience in the capacity of Chief Engineer of a full service Resort and two years experience as an Assistant Engineer or Engineering Supervisor.
Licenses or Certificates:
Any licenses or permits that may be required by law or company regulations.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance
(specific standards available)
Additional language ability preferred.