Hotel Resort Assistant Human Resources Manager job – Maldives resort group
- Expat contractual job for 2 years w/ roll over
- Filipina w/ 5 star resort hotel experience preferred
- remote Maldives luxury resort Corporation
- Indian ocean
- reports to HR Manager
- Corporate Personnel manager job: in charge for SIX resorts
- Expat package
- 2 off island R&R trips per annum
- tax free salary
- free furnished accommodations
- luxury resort hotel Personnel Managers from any country accepted
Resort Hotel Personnel Manager job
Salary range: USD $1000 + 262 Service charge per month
Read the Job Description below
To APPLY eMail your Resume or CV to Modris at the email address below
FOR MORE HOTEL & RESORT HUMAN RESOURCES OPPORTUNITIES JOIN OUR GROUPS below by clicking on the links:
or visit our Website: http://hospitalityexecutive.com
Position title: Personnel Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Director
Date written/revised: March 2007
Approved by : Human Resources Director
Supervises: HR Administrator, in absence of Human Resources Manager also HR Assistant and Payroll Accountant
Supporting documents: HR monthly deadline schedule
Carries out the activities of the Human Resources department to maintain administrative functions and make progressive and proactive improvements to the department functions and welfare of the staff. Implements policies and procedures, as instructed by the Human Resources Manager, to enhance the quality of service to the guests through the satisfaction of the staff, through supporting their fair treatment, recognition and opportunities for career and personal development.
The main areas of Human Resources supervision are recruitment, salary administration, personnel administration, industrial relations, training and development, and staff welfare.
Provide advice to staff and supporting department manager and their subordinates.
Provide leadership in establishing and maintaining harmonious labour relations in order to build a satisfying work environment; and improve productivity and performance standards.
Ensure a fair and consistent implementation of approved personnel policies.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Average percent of time
20 · Carry out the functions of administration of the Human Resources department to meet the daily needs of the operation, including recruitment and referencing, management and organize of the island cleaning and monthly staff room inspections and conduct health screening program. Staff benefits and admin…..
5 · Identify issues or trends that will affect the resort, particularly in terms of recruitment, selection, training and staffing.
5 · Liaise with the training department for the organization of required trainings, such as first aid, fire training, marine safety, etc.
5 · Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the Human Resources Department. Attend regularly scheduled employee meetings, etc.
5 · Inform the Payroll Accountant of the payroll related changes with accuracy and in due time for the monthly payroll.
10 · To inform of and promote the Human Resources policies and procedures.
5 · Enroll the resort in all appropriate professional Human Resources organizations. Insure regular attendance and an active participation in these organizations by the most appropriate employees.
5 · Be aware of effective control of all costs including labor, supplies, equipment, etc., among all sub-departments. Ensure proper use, maintenance, repair and storage of Human Resources supplies, equipment and facilities. Ensure proper stock levels are maintained.
5 · Implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all sub-departments to achieve labor turnover + labor budget goals.
5 · Assist the Human Resources Manager in establishing and achieving predetermined budget objectives and the desired standards of quality, service, safety and cleanliness.
5 · Develop with the aid of the Human Resources Manager, the operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g., purchase specifications, report preparation and presentation, etc.
5 · Conduct the monthly new starter orientation and ensure the presentation is kept up to date.
10 · Take an active role in the employee’s recreational, sports and social activities and be responsible for the organization of the annual staff party, annual senior staff trip, monthly staff birthday party, etc. with the support of the HR Assistant and HR Administrator.
5 · Conduct disciplinary meetings with junior employees in case of misconduct.
5 · Contact person for all ministry and government HR and legal related issues.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Meeru from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Meeru’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of resort facilities. Employees who violate Meeru’s rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
· Participate in manager on duty coverage program, constant monitoring throughout resort and trouble shooting problems.
· Operate word processing program in computer.
· Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard resort cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Considerable skill in simple mathematical calculations without error. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
· Ability to move throughout all Human Resources areas, and perform essential job functions.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret written documents; write speeches and articles; make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to a variety of audiences; listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
· Hearing, smelling, tasting and visual ability to successfully perform the essential functions of this job including emergency situations. The work environment requires regular work in outside weather conditions. The noise level may at times be loud.
College degree in related field required, such as hospitality
Two years in hotel Human Resources operations or in a similar position.
Licenses or certificates:
Certified in CPR and First Aid.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).